1/2 cup of ground turmeric powder
2T ground ginger powder
2T ground cinnamon
1/2-1 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
1 cup water
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Whisk continuously over a medium heat until it starts bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue whisking for 3-4 minutes until you have a smooth paste.
- Remove from the heat, add the coconut oil and whisk well.
- Store in a small, clean glass jar.
- Keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Take 1/2 teaspoon and chase with water up to 3 times a day.
Add to any meat or vegetable dish: stir fries, soups, stews, curries etc.
Add to smoothies or make a golden latte or tea: just add hot milk (almond, coconut or full fat) or hot water for tea.